September 30, 2021
Together in Prayer – October 2021
Following our Lord’s example, our focus first and foremost in our work is to glorify God. One of the ways we accomplish this is by doing the work He has given us. Often, we want God to bless our agenda. If we are going to glorify Him, then it’s His agenda—nothing more, nothing less, nothing else. What we do that is not from God is just wood, hay and stubble. Pray we will finish well doing the work He has given us.
Together in prayer,
The Global Recordings USA Team
- The USA Board: May the Lord keep them from stumbling, watch over them, and stand beside them as a protective shade. May he keep them from all harm, and watch over as they come and go. (Psalm 121:5-8)
- Recording requests: Ask Godto open the way for one or more GRN recordists to fill requests to record the Uduk language of South Sudan and the Karamojong language of Uganda. Pray that exposure to the message of salvation will transform many lives in these two groups.
- Field workers: They are still in the world. May they be protected by the power of God’s name. (John 17:11)
- Kenya outreach: Pray for opportunities and provision for the GRN team in Kenya to distribute audio evangelism materials to the Ogiek, Samburu and Mnyoyaya people groups. Pray this outreach bring forth eternal fruit—fruit that will remain.
- Relating with people of Thailand: Remember the GRN Thailand team in their ongoing interaction with the Urak Lawoi people group. Pray for Christians in this group to be encouraged by God and to grow in grace and a knowledge of Christ.
- Donors: So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, joyfully. And may God make all grace abound toward them, that they may have all sufficiency in all things, and an abundance for every good work. (2 Cor. 9:8,9)
- Praying for provision: This request from the GRN Philippines team is probably shared by many GRN Centers and Bases: that they will see God’s provision for GRN staff and projects. During the pandemic, many local and international partners were affected, which in turn influenced their giving.
- New staff for PNG: Praise God for Patricia Y., who has joined the GRN staff in PNG. Patricia will be working in the Sepik Province, preparing for translations and future recordings. Pray too for a friend who hopes to join Patricia in this ministry.
- Prayer partners: May they always labor fervently in prayer for others, that they may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. (Col. 4:1,2)
- Encouraging the troops: GRN International Director, Graydon, asks for prayer that he might be an encouragement and support to GRN personnel around the world, especially those who are struggling with the impact of COVID-19 and other challenges.
- A surge in distribution: Pray for a great increase in the number of people who hear the gospel through the 5fish phone app, GRN websites and personal encounters. With a longing to see Christ receive the reward of His sacrifice, pray that GRN media materials will be shared far and wide.
- New European Director: Sam B. started as European Director on 1st September. He and his family will be based in Lyon. They recently attended a conference saying their last goodbyes to the ministry they had worked with for the last 10 years. Pray for God’s anointing on Sam, and for his family as they resettle.
- Impacting the nations: Ask the Lord to continue to grow and expand GRN on all fronts. Pray for a wider and longer reach to impact nations and peoples for God’s glory.
- GRN Philippines project: Additional recordings in the Ilocano language are being prepared. Pray for suitable language helpers in an area that has less restriction in health protocols. Ilocano is also one of the major languages in the Philippines with over a million Filipinos overseas speaking Ilocano.
- Language research work: Praise God for those who work in researching all languages, mapping their locations, and verifying data about each group. More than being diligent at their tasks, ask God to give each worker a spiritual vitality and joy in serving the Master.
- USA staff: May they be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that their labor is not in vain.
(I Cor. 15:58)
- West Africa trip: Philippe, leader of GRN Switzerland, is planning a visit to West Africa soon. Pray for God’s hand on all of the arrangements and for positive outcomes to his meetings. Pray against covid-related restrictions limiting or preventing his travels.
- GRN Australia: The GRN Sydney staff have been under lockdown for over eight weeks. Only those who live close to the office can come in. Pray for the staff during these difficult days and for wisdom for Director Christine.
- Tribal warfare: Distribution of Gospel recordings in the Baringo language of Kenya has been put on hold because tribal fighting has made it unsafe at this time. Pray forlocal churches and missions working among them to be kept safe and have opportunities to share about the peace found in Christ alone.
- International Director: Graydon will be stepping down at the end of his term and the search is on for the next director. Pray for God’s call on just the right person to fill this important role.
- Staff needed: The USA office in Tucson has need of several full time staff to assist with various duties in the home office. Pray for people of faith and vision to join the team and fill the needs in several departments.
- Volunteers: Pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to them a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him. (Eph. 1:17)
- Scripts for refugees: Ed is preparing special scripts and recordings to share the Gospel with immigrants coming into the USA. Pray that these messages bring light and life to those seeking refuge here in the States.
- Gambia outreach: A joint outreach of a GRN team and YWAM produced great results in Gambia. Many watched the Jesus Film and received messages in their own languages. Pray for God’s Spirit to continue His good work there.
- Ministry partners: Give thanks for the many groups working together to reach the least reach people groups still without a Bible, a church, or active Christian work among them.
- Building update: We are still praying for a buyer for the office building in Temecula, CA. Pray for the right investor to purchase this property. Give thanks for the purchase of the new campus in Tucson, Arizona.
- Tucson help: The new campus in Tucson includes five acres of property as well as two office buildings and several outbuildings. Pray for volunteers who can give of time and talent to help in maintenance there.
- New Mexican workers: Praise God for the victories from the recent recordist training course in Mexico. The new recruits are busy moving forward in research, contacts, and recording new languages.
- USA Executive Director: May the Lord’s presence go with Larry and give him rest.
- Looking toward the future: And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.” (Rev. 5:9)
Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and
requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on
praying for all the Lord’s people (Eph. 6:18).
16131 N Vernon Dr, Tucson, AZ 85739
For change of address, comments, or questions, please contact email@example.com
Click here for a PDF version of the October 2021 Prayer Guide
Click here to pray for GRN USA staff